Voki

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Podcast

http://s0173579.podomatic.com/entry/2010-07-27T03_35_41-07_00

This was the most tedious process that I have yet encountered in e-learning. The host asks for your name but does not inform you that this will be posted as the name of the podcast. The process of recording my voice and uploading it was relatively easy. The process of uploading it to the podcast required a large amount of time. I don't know if this is because of my hardware or broadband connection speed. Which leads me to wonder if it took me over 20minutes to upload in an educational setting this would mean lost hours of lunch breaks or weekends spent uploading podcast. Even though this tool may have a variety of applications such as a school broadcasting system and small movie production I'm yet to be convinced of the benefits.

2 comments:

  1. HI Red Zebra

    It may well be the blogspot capabilities as my mentor teacher uses podcasts on her virtual classroom through the learning place. She has been recording the students recting their bush poetry and other oral presentations so they can listen to themselves and their parents can hear them too.

    She used "Audacity" to record their voices and then uploaded it as a podcast using the software on the virtual classroom, so perhaps that might be a better avenue for us when we are in schools??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Mrs. Daisy
    I was unaware that you could use it within a virtual classroom. It would be great to be in a classroom that used this technology so I could benefit from the guided experience of a professional rather then the hit and miss attempts that I have made at using this resource

    ReplyDelete